SAN DIEGO (KGTV) – Longtime San Diego business news reporter George Chamberlin passed away over the weekend after battling cancer.
Terry Chamberlin posted on Facebook that her 73-year-old husband died at home on Sept. 1. He had been fighting Mantle Cell Lymphoma for three years, she said.
Chamberlin served as business editor for San Diego news radio station KOGO 600 AM and hosted a personal finance show for the station.
For more than 30 years, Chamberlin provided financial and business news updates for NBC 7 San Diego’s morning show.
Additionally, Chamberlin was a business columnist for the North County Times newspaper and was executive editor for the San Diego Daily Transcript newspaper.
Chamberlin also published the national newsletter “Investing for Rookies.”
A Celebration of Life event for Chamberlin will be held in a few weeks at the San Marcos Boys and Girls Club, where he and his wife were founding board members and past presidents.
- [LLODO] National Guard member takes photo with every US Senator: ‘I couldn’t believe it’
- [LLODO] Alleged Capitol rioter begs judge to send him home to parents
- [LLODO] California and Texas brace for Spring Breakers after Florida sees crowded beaches
- [LLODO] NYC mom enraged by teacher playing rap videos during Zoom economics class
- [LLODO] FDA warns against using head lice drug ivermectin to treat coronavirus
- [LLODO] San Francisco district to reopen after putting school name backlash to rest
- [LLODO] Despite palace fears, Meghan Markle has only ‘kind words’ for Kate Middleton in Oprah interview
- [LLODO] Bowling Green sophomore’s organs will be donated following alcohol-related hazing incident