London’s fintech scene is potentially the hottest on the planet right now with startups covering every possible area popping up regularly with record amounts invested in UK tech so far this year.
It’s coincided with moment of greater access to capital for many of the UK’s most promising young companies with valuations and funding round sizes regularly gaining in stature. That’s the case for Curve, a fintech that provides a platform to merge all of your bank cards into one service.
The company aims to “rebundle” financial services and move banking onto the cloud — saying it’s trying to streamline fragmented services with a single point of access, better leverage data add value. In short, it wants to become what it calls “the Spotify for money.” The company is estimated to be valued at about $202 million.
Earlier this year, Curve secured a $55 million Series B from investors including: Speedinvest, Seedcamp, Santander InnoVentures, Outward VC, IDC Ventures, Gauss Ventures, CreditEase Fintech Investment Fund, and Breega Capital.
“The Series B fundraising was a major milestone for Curve from many perspectives,” Shachar Bialick, Curve’s CEO and founder, told Business Insider in an interview. “It’s rare to see Series B of this size in the market, and it is indeed pretty unique to the fintech vertical we’re in, predominantly due to the size of the opportunity and the success metrics we’re hitting.”
“The latest round of funding is helping us to continue and expand our product offering and markets and reach out to new customers with new solutions every day”.
The company’s pitch deck raised $55 million and recently used an amended version of its pitch deck as part of rapid £6 million ($7.5 million) crowdfunding — taking its total funding to $74.2 million.
“Investors want to understand how Curve differs as a product from existing products in the market, and why this positioning is better than what exists in the market,” Bialick added. “To that extent, it is also important to show a good handle of unit economics and strong product and growth metrics.”
Check out Curve’s pitch deck below:
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- SpaceX launch: William Shatner, George Takei join astronaut accolades
- Google Doodle slideshow celebrates Galapagos Islands
- Best water filter pitchers to buy for 2020: Brita, Pur and more compared
- Best travel credit cards for 2020
- The best meal kit delivery services of 2020: Blue Apron, Green Chef, EveryPlate, Sun Basket and more
- SpaceX, NASA make history with launch of two astronauts to ISS Saturday
- The best workout socks for every type of workout
- Scenes of SpaceX launching NASA astronauts into orbit, moment by moment