A local business owner had over $75,000 worth of equipment stolen from his shop.
A truck and trailer at Wenzler Landscaping in Sugarcreek Township was loaded up with equipment from the shop and stolen sometime overnight on Wednesday.
“The thought of knowing that half of your business essentially was just taken. The feeling of violation. The feeling of sadness, anger, it still is overwhelming because we try so hard every day,” co-owner of Wenzler Landscape Management Nick Smith said.
The truck and trailer were eventually recovered, but the equipment worth over $10,000 is still missing.
Smith said this theft cost the business at least three full days of work because of their inability to do their job. It would have been even worse if not for the kindness of other businesses that have loaned their equipment.
“The amount of people that stepped up to help us so quickly was very humbling. It showed the true character of people. That’s definitely made this a lot easier,” he said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Sugarcreek Township police.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’