Lamborghini has announced the Sián, newly crowned the most powerful car it has ever produced. It also doubles as its first hybrid.
The Sián has a combined horsepower rating of 819, 34 of which comes from its 48-volt electric motor. That beats the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ, which has the same V12 engine without the electric motor.
The new car can accelerate to 62 mph in under 2.8 seconds and has a top speed of 217 mph, Lamborghini says.
The car is Lamborghini’s first step towards hybridization and electrification, according to the automaker. The electric motor helps drivers in situations where low speed is required, driving in reverse and parking.
The car’s electric motor is part of the gearbox which is designed to provide a quicker response and better performance for the car. This is not typical for a low-voltage hybrid, and Lamborghini says it is the first time it has ever been done.
“Sián” is a word in the Bolognese dialect that means “flash” or “lightning,” an obvious nod to the car’s hybrid.
“Not only does the Sián deliver a formidable hyper-car design and engineering tour de force today, it augments the potential for Lamborghini as a super sports car brand for tomorrow and for decades to come, even as hybridization becomes more desirable and inevitably essential,” Automobili Lamborghini Chairman and CEO Stefano Domenicali said in a prepared statement.
Only 63 units of the car will be created in honor of the year Automobili Lamborghini was founded, 1963. Each car will be individually customized and styled by its owners via the automaker’s design studio and program, Lamborghini Centro Stile and Lamborghini Ad Personam. All examples are already spoken for.
Take a sneak peek at the car that will soon be officially unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show:
- [LLODO] Lawyer for ‘QAnon Shaman’ argues for his client’s release, compares him to Forrest Gump
- [LLODO] NYC judge overturns convictions for 3 men in 1996 murder of off-duty cop, business owner
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Hogan calls for investigation into Baltimore HS failing students, others call for shutdown
- [LLODO] Air Force veteran, Persian Gulf War POW Dale Storr speaks out on 30th anniversary of release
- [LLODO] How much do Baltimore taxpayers spend per student?
- [LLODO] Idaho parents and kids burn masks in front of state Capitol
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s inner circle: What to know about embattled NY governor’s senior administration
- [LLODO] New former Cuomo aides accused Dem of sexual misconduct, reportedly inviting one to ‘dimly lit hotel room’