BANNER SPONSORSHIPS: St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church has banner sponsorships available for the 28th-annual Ethnic Festival, which will be Oct. 17-20 at the church, 13485 Spring Hill Drive. The vinyl banners are 2 feet by 3 feet and will be hung at the big tent during the festival. The cost is $100. The annual event attracts more than 30,000 visitors and features carnival rides, a boardwalk, live entertainment and a variety of ethnic foods. To learn more, call (352) 688-0663.
RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Transformed Treasures, noon Sept. 6, at 770 E Jefferson St., Brooksville. Call Diana Burmann, (352) 428-4965
• Pine Brook Pharmacy, 1 p.m. Sept. 11, at 14111 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Stephanie Grube, (352) 610-4347.
• Fastsigns of Spring Hill, noon Sept. 12, at 5164 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Eamon Flynn, (713) 306-6880.
• Acti-Kare, noon Sept. 18, at 7284 Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville. Call Patria Dye, (813) 802-1729.
CHAMBER COMMITTEES: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have several committee meetings Sept. 12 at the chamber office at 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville: The Technology Committee meets at 8 a.m.; Networking Committee at 8:30 a.m.; and Diplomat Committee at 4 p.m. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandchamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Results-Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Land O’ Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Opportunities in Franchises, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
AMERICA’S DAY 2019: Global Jetcare, which recently was awarded Best International Air Ambulance – USA and one of the 2019 Top Florida Companies to Watch, has partnered with “America’s Day 2019” to host a patriotic celebration for Hernando County children of all ages on Nov. 2 at the Global Jetcare facility at Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport.
The free event will include educational and aeronautical activities, music, a parade, free food, prizes and kid-friendly speakers. There will be essay and poster contests on American history and civic involvement. There will be prizes and scholarships awarded. Kids can learn about the right and privilege of voting with a mock voter registration and mock election. Other America’s Day 2019 Partners include: Regis and Jody Andrews, founders of VASAYO Brand Partner; Bob D’Andrea, founder of Christian Television Network, and his wife Jane; and Denise Ledbetter Mintz, president of Women for Trump Hernando County. The event chair is Jody McLeod Andrews. For information, contact Andrews at [email protected] or (321) 368-2249.
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the fifth-annual Hernando Untapped: Craft Beer and Wine Festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Nov. 15 at American Aviation Flight Academy on Helicopter Drive, Brooksville. The event is presented by Carter Foreman Attorneys at Law and Global Jet Care. The event will feature more than 30 breweries, wineries and distilleries from throughout the region, live music with the Mark Anthony Band, food trucks, vendors and local merchants. This is an adult-only event for those 21 and older. The cost will be $35 for general admission, $75 VIP and $15 for designated drivers. For sponsorships and vendor details, contact Melissa Kehler at (352) 593-9979 or visit hernandochamber.com.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
- [LLODO] CNN’s Brian Stelter forced to address Cuomo sex scandal after network delayed coverage of first accuser
- [LLODO] Lindsey Boylan calls on Cuomo to resign or be removed from office: He can’t choose his judge and jury, ‘we do’
- [LLODO] Louisiana police officer fatally shot over alleged mask dispute at high school basketball game
- [LLODO] Virginia officer fatally shot during traffic stop in Stanley
- [LLODO] Georgia deputies wounded in shooting; 2 suspects in custody after overnight manhunt
- [LLODO] 12-year-old Florida girl arrested for allegedly selling stun guns to students
- [LLODO] Georgia horseback instructor goes missing under suspicious circumstances
- [LLODO] NASA’s Perseverance rover sends back first HD Mars panorama