Climate policies were top of mind as people began a march into Spain from the French border town of Hendaye.
Signs carried by the protesters included images of Earth, blaming G-7 leaders for recent climate policies.
Oxfam activists, wearing masks of the G-7 leaders, enact a performance at the beach in Hendaye, France, Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019. World leaders and protesters are converging on the southern French resort town of Biarritz for the G-7 summit. The masks
Thousands of extra police were at the ready, expecting some pushback from protesters throughout the weekend over the gathering of world leaders.
Mounted police officers patrol along the beach, Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019 in Biarritz. Leaders of the Group of Seven countries arrive on Saturday to discuss issues including the struggling global economy and climate change until Monday. They include th
According to some local reports, fewer people than expected showed up to protest ahead of the meeting.
French President Emanual Macron earlier in the Summer stated he had the intention of including a discussion on climate change for the summit.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’