The family’s car window was shot out as a robber tried to ambush an armed guard outside a Brinks truck. Police say it happened at 6010 South Gessner just before noon on Thursday.
Rodolfo Perez was at work and raced to the business after his wife called. She was hiding in a back room with their children at the time. They were inside when the shooting started and took cover.
“They started shooting and the lady inside let her come into the little place to hide,” Perez said.
A second vehicle was hit by gunfire. The suspect or suspects got away, though it’s not clear if they took any cash with them. It’s also unclear if they were hurt in the shootout. No other serious injuries were reported.
“This thing is out of control now. Thank God she’s okay, and my kids are (too),” Perez said. “Some crazy guy can just start shooting and kill innocent people anytime.”
Houston police are investigating as they continue to search for the suspects.
Copyright © 2019 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing