Flames could be seen for miles after a ruptured gas line caused a violent explosion in Lincoln County, Kentucky. Officials confirmed one death.
EAST CHICAGO, Ind. — An official says an explosion at a chemical-tank-cleaning business in northwestern Indiana injured three workers.
The blast occurred about 7:20 a.m. Wednesday at T.A.C. East Inc. in an industrial area of East Chicago. City Fire Chief Anthony Serna tells The (Northwest Indiana) Times that three employees suffered first-, second- and third-degree burns to their arms and legs and were hospitalized in stable condition.
Serna says the explosion occurred in the garage portion of the business, with fire spreading to its office area.
Television helicopter video shows the roof collapsed on part of the two-story building and some large overhead doors blown out from the blast.
Explosion in Russia: Here’s what we know now
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/14/east-chicago-explosion-injures-3-chemical-tank-cleaning-business/2008139001/
- [LLODO] Knoxville police identify student killed after bringing gun to high school
- [LLODO] Fifth of Americans refuse to get coronavirus vaccine as Johnson & Johnson shot is put on hold
- [LLODO] California ethnic studies pitch denounces US as a ‘parasitic system’ based on the ‘invasion’ of White settlers
- [LLODO] California child protective agency declines to answer questions about mother accused of killing her 3 kids
- [LLODO] Minnesota protester tells Fox reporter: Only way things change is ‘if people start throwing things’
- [LLODO] Chicago braces for release of video in Adam Toledo’s shooting death
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Derek Chauvin’s defense could rest case
- [LLODO] NYC GOP mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa pledges to ‘refund the police’