ALBANY, Ore. — Authorities say two employees at a manufacturing business in Albany were injured in an explosion.
The Statesman Journal reports Albany Fire Department and Tangent Rural Fire District responded to a fire at Selmet Inc. just before 8 a.m. Thursday.
The two injured Selmet employees were taken to Albany General Hospital. Authorities say one was released and the other was flown by helicopter to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland in critical condition.
Albany Fire Department spokeswoman Sandy Roberts says crews extinguished the fire and determined the area was free of chemical hazards.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the explosion.
Selmet is a titanium casting manufacturer for aerospace parts.
- UFC 251 Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal: Start time, how to watch or stream online, and full fight card
- Ford Bronco: A generational look back ahead of the new SUV’s reveal
- UFC 251 Usman vs. Masvidal: How to watch or stream online, full fight card and start time
- 2021 Toyota Corolla Cross is a new affordable SUV likely headed to America
- Google targets stalkerware in updated ad policy
- Awesome deal on an Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet: $50 off plus free stuff
- Toyota RAV4 Prime experiences production shortage, report says
- The hackable, programmable Sphero RVR robot is half off at $132 right now
- 2021 Ford Bronco leaks ahead of Monday’s debut