PHOENIX — Employees at a Valley business are shaken after someone drew a swastika on a pole out front.
The symbol appeared out front of ‘Arizona Best Cars’ near 8th Street and Cave Creek Road Thursday morning. The business is run entirely by Orthodox Jews.
“In my heart, I am very sad,” said Manager Boris Gelfand.
Gelfand told ABC15 their religious affiliation is well-known, based on the business closing on Jewish holidays.
“Yes, it’s obvious,” he said.
The swastika that appeared on the pole out front is just a couple feet away from the mailbox, leaving Gelfand no doubt it was directed at them.
“It’s very offensive,” he said.
Gelfand isn’t sure who drew the symbol but has the following message for the person responsible.
“You’re a coward,” Gelfand said. “Whoever drew it is a coward. If you want to come in and tell it to our face, try it.”
Employees notified Phoenix police of the incident.
- NBC’s Peacock: Prices, free trial, discounts, launch date, devices, shows and movies
- Amazon Prime Video launches multiple profiles
- 2021 Lexus LS facelift finally adds a damn touchscreen
- EPA rates 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime electric range and it’s impressive
- Google adds dark mode to Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Microsoft sues over trademark to stop COVID-19 hacking campaign
- Walmart Plus subscription service will reportedly launch this month
- The Tempest in VR: Ticketed theater is heading to headsets
- Rolls-Royce Wraith Kryptos Collection is designed for codebreakers