BANGOR, Maine (WABI) – Tea & Tarts in downtown Bangor is helping out those in need one sip at a time.
And you can help too.
It’s part of their Pay-It-Forward program.
Customers can purchase a 2, 5, or 10 dollar voucher to be placed on their wall.
These vouchers can be used by anyone who may need a warm drink or a sandwich to fill their belly and might not be able to afford it.
No judgements or questions asked.
Caity Brown, Owner of Tea & Tarts says, “It’s starting to get a little colder at night. People are really struggling, people who may not have anywhere to go to sleep indoors. It’s heartbreaking to me, and I know it’s heartbreaking to a lot of people. So, this is just a way we can help them out, give them a warm place to go, something warm to drink, something to eat.”
They made a Facebook post Thursday announcing the program, and by Friday, roughly 40 vouchers have already been purchased.
What’s even better, Tea & Tarts matches every voucher bought.
- The best office chairs to buy in 2020
- Uber and Lyft threaten to halt service in California if forced to reclassify drivers
- Shroud your internet with privacy: Get two years of TunnelBear VPN for $85
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ongoing review: Everything I love so far (and some of what I don’t)
- UFC 252 Miocic vs. Cormier: Start time, how to watch or stream online and full fight card
- Facebook, Google, Twitter team up on election security ahead of RNC and DNC
- 2021 Hyundai Elantra N Line looks sharp and has performance to match
- Pinterest’s former COO sues for alleged gender discrimination
- New Avatar 2 photos reveal gigantic set