BANGOR, Maine (WABI) – Tea & Tarts in downtown Bangor is helping out those in need one sip at a time.
And you can help too.
It’s part of their Pay-It-Forward program.
Customers can purchase a 2, 5, or 10 dollar voucher to be placed on their wall.
These vouchers can be used by anyone who may need a warm drink or a sandwich to fill their belly and might not be able to afford it.
No judgements or questions asked.
Caity Brown, Owner of Tea & Tarts says, “It’s starting to get a little colder at night. People are really struggling, people who may not have anywhere to go to sleep indoors. It’s heartbreaking to me, and I know it’s heartbreaking to a lot of people. So, this is just a way we can help them out, give them a warm place to go, something warm to drink, something to eat.”
They made a Facebook post Thursday announcing the program, and by Friday, roughly 40 vouchers have already been purchased.
What’s even better, Tea & Tarts matches every voucher bought.
- [LLODO] New York City sinkhole swallows SUV
- [LLODO] Supreme Court rules against Cuomo’s coronavirus limits — with Barrett playing key role
- [LLODO] New Hampshire conservatives launch long-shot effort to impeach GOP governor after mask mandate
- [LLODO] Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Jon Stewart team up for coronavirus safety billboard: ‘Wear a friggin’ mask!’
- [LLODO] Live Updates: Trump says he won election, repeats claims of voting irregularities
- [LLODO] 2 NYPD officers shot in Queens released from hospital
- [LLODO] Pa. poll watcher, a Navy vet, alleges missing USB cards, up to 120,000 questionable votes
- [LLODO] Rev. Franklin Graham praises 3 Trump-appointed Supreme Court justices after New York religious case
- [LLODO] Trump says election fight still has ‘a long way to go’