To make paying for a Lyft as convenient as possible, the company accepts all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover, e.g.), as well as debit cards tied to a bank or co-op checking account. They also accept several digital payment platforms, including PayPal, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
And to make things even easier, you can even load a prepaid card onto your account, whether it’s a gift card backed by a major company (American Express, Visa, etc.), or a similarly supported card that you loaded a balance onto yourself. Both the Android and iPhone versions of the Lyft app support prepaid cards.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use a prepaid card to pay for Lyft
Before your next ride, add your prepaid card to your Lyft account, then choose it as your payment method as you plan the trip.
1. Open the Lyft app and tap the three parallel lines at the top left of the home screen.
2. Tap “Payment.”
3. Under “Payment methods,” tap “Add card.”
4. Enter your prepaid card’s information.
5. Tap “Save.”
And now your prepaid card should be loaded and ready for use.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’