On August 9, the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland turned 50 years old. The beloved attraction, which opened to much anticipation back in 1969, has thrilled millions of visitors over the years. This particular Disney ride also has a massive fandom. Avid collectors will snap up anything that features the attraction’s iconic characters and imagery, from coffee mugs to a one-of-a- kind guitar that sells for $33,000.
I, myself, have been a huge fan of the Haunted Mansion since first boarding a Doom Buggy as a small child. Over the years, I’ve acquired many a Haunted Mansion item, from a Dooney & Burke tote bag to a mini replica of the grandfather clock that appears in the attraction. As luck would have it, I happened to be at the “happiest place on earth” on the Haunted Mansion’s 50th anniversary and was able to celebrate in person.
Besides going on the ride itself, the main draw of the day was the debut of a stunning collection of merchandise honoring the ghoulish ride. During the celebration, Disney introduced over 200 new pieces inspired by the Haunted Mansion. Hundreds of people spent hours in line to get their hands on the limited edition and park exclusives. Thankfully, there’s still plenty available to purchase online.
Check out 19 of our favorite pieces of Haunted Mansion merchandise:
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing