Previously UK Executive Editor at Business Insider, where he oversaw a 60-strong London bureau, Jake was responsible for breaking stories including the commission of Channel 4 and Netflix young adult hit The End of The Fxxking World as well as the uncovering of the BBC’s legal battle against a TV producer accused of sexually abusing students and deep-dive analysis of The Great British Bake Off’s move from the BBC to Channel 4.
He will work closely with Peter White, ahead of his relocation to Los Angeles, as well as International Editor Andreas Wiseman and Nancy Tartaglione.
Prior to Business Insider, he was news editor at UK trade magazine Broadcast, where some of the big stories he broke during his tenure included Sony’s acquisition of The Crown producer Left Bank and Ben Stephenson’s departure from the BBC to join J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot.
Jake, who started this week, is also chair of the Broadcasting Press Guild.
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Colorado woman accused of murder-for-hire plot had violent past with child, estranged husband: affidavit
- [LLODO] Utah deputies shot in the head during shootout outside jail
- [LLODO] Severe storm damages buildings in Florida Panhandle
- [LLODO] New Hampshire track coach fired for refusing to make athletes wear masks speaks out on ‘Tucker’
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s ‘New York Tough’ slogan seems mocked as ‘NY Touch’ in light display
- [LLODO] 11 suspects arrested in connection to Maryland child porn crimes
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Hogan calls Baltimore mayor’s plan to reduce police budget ‘reckless’