CENTRAL KITSAP — A Gig Harbor-based developer is seeking permits from Kitsap County for a nearly 40,000-square-foot commercial business park in Central Kitsap.
Bremerton Commercial Park LLC is proposing a multi-phase business park that would include five commercial buildings — totaling 37,000 square feet — on a 12-acre parcel south of McWilliams Road on Highway 303.
AHBL Inc., the engineering firm working on the project, has applied for a site development activity permit from the county. The first phase would include a 19,500-square-foot “multi-tenant flex” building, 72 parking spaces, utilities and stormwater infrastructure.
Developers don’t have specific tenants lined up yet, but possibilities include a small restaurant, pet store, fitness center or professional offices, according to county documents.
Additional phases would build out the park with four buildings ranging from 3,200 to 7,500 square feet, 169 parking spaces and landscaping improvements. A “quick-service restaurant with drive-through” is proposed for one of the smaller buildings, according to documents.
Work would include clearing and grading about 7.15 acres of the 12-acre lot, according to a SEPA environmental checklist submitted to the county. Developers plan to manage stormwater runoff using multiple catch basins and a wetpond.
In permit applications for the project, owners estimated site preparation work could begin this fall. Kitsap County Department of Community Development spokeswoman Natalie Marshall said that county planners are still in the process of looking over permit applications.
“It’s currently under review but hasn’t been reviewed by most of the division yet,” Marshall said. “It’s in line to be looked at.”
Representatives for the commercial park and AHBL did not respond to requests for comment.
This story has been changed since it was published to correct the headline regarding the location of the business park.
Read or Share this story: https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/2019/08/21/business-park-planned-mcwilliams-road/2077971001/
- SpaceX could send NASA to Jupiter’s potentially habitable moon Europa
- Jaws tops list of classic movies people wish they’d seen in the theater
- Last chance to save on these July 4th deals
- Rousing NASA Perseverance rover mission trailer will get you hyped for Mars
- Park perfectly in your garage with this $15 laser-assist parking guide
- YouTube TV vs. Hulu vs. Sling TV vs. Philo vs. FuboTV vs. AT&T TV Now: 100 channels compared
- Alphabet’s Loon internet balloons launch in Kenya in first commercial deployment
- HomePod update could let you set a default service for your music needs
- NBC’s Peacock: Prices, free trial, discounts, launch date, devices, shows and movies