A business on King Street in Arlington, several blocks from Wakefield High School, was robbed by a man with a gun early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 2 a.m. on the 4600 block of King Street, according to Arlington County Police. That block, on the far western edge of the county, is home to a Taco Bell and a 7-Eleven store.
More from an Arlington County Police crime report:
ROBBERY, 2019-08140018, 4600 block of King Street. At approximately 1:43 a.m. on August 14, police were dispatched to the report of a larceny just occurred. Upon arrival, it was determined that an unknown male suspect entered a business while displaying a firearm, approached an employee and demanded cash from the register. The suspect assaulted the employee before stealing an undisclosed amount of cash. The suspect fled the business prior to police arrival. The employee sustained minor injuries and was treated on scene by medics. The suspect is described as a black male, with an athletic build, 5’11”-6’4″, 175-200 lbs., wearing a black and white hat, white t-shirt, black pants and black and white shoes. The investigation is ongoing.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing