ROCKFORD(WREX)—The Midtown District seeing a growth in businesses.
Seven businesses have opened on 7th street in the last six months.
“Seventh street district, has been kinda put down for a long time, and it’s now beginning to recover,” said Ronn Mooney, Executive Director of Midtown Business District.
“It really is diverse when you look at it, from a convince store to an art shop. And that’s great, that’s what we want,” added Mooney.
One of these new neighbors is the Temperatures Doctors, the only minority owned HVAC company in Northern Illinois
“This area has a lot to offer. It is nice to see that so many businesses are coming down here and bringing more revenue into the area,” said Jimmy Firszt from Tempature Doctors.
“The businesses and the people are then solution to the community’s challenges,” said Matt Simpson with the City of Rockford.
While the area’s seen nine new businesses in total move in this year, not all of them are taking up the empty storefronts in the neighborhood.
Lung Fung Chinese restaurant moved out of a building on 7th street and 777 Asian Restaurant moved in.
The City of Rockford couldn’t tell us how many businesses have left Midtown,
But developers say more new business will continue to come, because increase prices in Downtown Rockford, make Midtown more appealing.
“There is a lot of work that is being done to attract businesses on 7th street,” said Simpson.
More than 20 jobs have come to the Midtown area.
- Fargo star Allison Tolman is ‘kind of killing it at quarantine’ by making curse word embroideries
- After Facebook, Intel invests into Indian internet giant Jio
- Hamilton on Disney Plus is a heartwarming cross between play and TV movie
- Best fitness trackers for 2020
- Why Hamilton streaming on Disney Plus is important
- Huawei brings Uber rival Bolt to its AppGallery store
- Away co-CEO steps down as Silicon Valley elite conversation gets leaked
- Steam Summer Sale: 13 discounted PC games to buy now
- The 50 best TV shows to watch on Netflix