of insider trading
- The strike against General Motors by 49,000 members of the United Auto Workers entered its second week Monday with progress reported in negotiations but no clear end in sight. Bargainers met all weekend and returned to talks Monday morning as the strike entered its eighth day. Workers walked off their jobs on Sept. 16, paralyzing production at about 30 manufacturing sites in nine states. Already the strike has forced GM to shut down two Canadian factories that make engines, older-model pickup trucks and two car models.
- Honda said on Monday it would phase out all diesel cars by 2021 in favor of models with electric propulsion systems, as the Japanese automaker moves to electrify all of its European cars by 2025. By next year, according to European Union emission targets, carbon dioxide must be cut to 95 grams per kilometer for 95 percent of cars from the current 120.5-gram average, a figure that has increased as consumers spurn fuel-efficient diesels and embrace SUVs. All new cars in the E.U. must be compliant in 2021.
- Goldman Sachs is promoting two women to senior leadership roles in its technology, media and telecom investment banking unit, a move it hopes will cement its position as the most diverse tech banking team on Wall Street. Kim Posnett, global head of Internet investment banking, will also become co-chief operating officer of the bank’s global TMT banking unit alongside Jung Min. Tammy Kiely, global head of semiconductor investment banking, is adding the role of co-head of global technology investment banking with Ryan Limaye.
- Apple will have COVID tests, temperature checks as employees return to offices, report says
- Disney Plus: Every show, movie and original to come (plus early movie releases)
- Dyson’s electric car could have been a game changer
- BMW M4 leaked with its big ol’ grille
- Elon Musk tweets ‘break up Amazon’ after coronavirus ebook temporarily blocked
- Save $51 on the Nixplay Seed Wi-Fi digital photo frame
- Sony fined $2.4 million over PlayStation refund refusals
- Toyota Hilux and Fortuner bow with beefed up looks
- Space Force star Jimmy O. Yang is obsessed with Animal Crossing on his Nintendo Switch