9 a.m.-noon, UH Bauer College SBDC, 2302 Fannin, Suite 200. Cost: Free. Information: www.sbdc.uh.edu.
Job Search 101: Job Search Action Plan:
Getting To Know Your Market Using the Houston Public Library:
9:30-11:30 a.m., UH Bauer College SBDC, 2302 Fannin, Suite 200. Cost: Free. Information: www.sbdc.uh.edu.
The Secrets to Loan Approval — The Loan Dating Game:
9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., UH Bauer College SBDC, 2302 Fannin, Suite 200. Cost: $10. Information: www.sbdc.uh.edu.
Building a Prospecting Plan:
Hosted by SCORE Houston. 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., The Kingdom Builders’ Center, 6011 W. Orem. Registration: www.houston.score.org.
Job Search 101: Interviewing — Are You Ready?:
Society for Technical Communications:
The Houston Chapter monthly networking luncheon. 11:30 am, Barry’s Pizza, 6003 Richmond. Speaker: Scott McMillan, a technical writer for Phillips 66 in Houston and Bartesville, Okla. Topic: Transitioning from teaching to technical writing. Cost: Free. Registration: Thomas Foster at [email protected]
Job Search 101: Recruiter Panel:
Job Search 101: LinkedIn Connections:
DAV RecruitMilitary Houston Veterans Job Fair:
11 a.m.-3 p.m., Toyota Center, 1510 Polk. Free hiring event for veterans, transitioning military personnel, National Guard members, Reserve members and military spouses. Information: www.recruitmilitary.com.
Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce Networking Nites & Bites:
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 5007 Highway 6, Missouri City. Information: www.fortbendchamber.com.
Job Search 101: Transferable Skills:
Understanding Gender Non-Binary and Why It Matters for Business:
Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival:
Aug. 30-Sept. 1, Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, One Hope Blvd., Galveston. Information: www.brewmastersbeerfest.com.
Facebook for Business:
Hosted by Fort Bend County Libraries’ Sienna Branch Library. 2-3 p.m., 8411 Sienna Springs Blvd., Missouri City. Information: Click on ‘events’ at www.fortbend.lib.tx.us or call 281-238-2900.
Regional Mobility and Drainage in the 8-County Region:
Luncheon hosted by Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Halff Associates. 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, 16090 City Walk, Sugar Land. Speakers: Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and Sugar Land Mayor Joe Zimmerman. Cost: $35-$45. Information: www.fortbendchamber.com.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’