Budget chicken sandwiches aren’t to be trifled with.
My veggies-obsessed mom won’t touch most fast food, but she’ll eat two McChickens in one sitting. My meat-loving dad who grew up on a meat-based Inner Mongolian diet usually prefers cheeseburgers, but he’ll often forego his beef for a McChicken or three.
Now that the chicken wars are in full swing, I thought I’d jump back into the fray with a host of sandwiches that have so far been ignored: budget chicken sandwiches, or what could be considered McChicken equivalents.
I went to Arby’s, KFC, Wendy’s, Burger King, and McDonald’s to see if any chain had a better budget chicken sandwich than the McChicken. Along the way, I learned just how much a budget chicken sandwich can reveal about a chain’s identity.
- [LLODO] Montana massive 30-car pileup blamed on icy bridge
- [LLODO] Jimmy Hoffa FBI files that have been hidden since 1975 must be released, lawmakers tell DOJ
- [LLODO] Kansas officers hurt in ‘possible explosion’ in downtown Wichita
- [LLODO] Virginia hit-and-run kills off-duty police officer
- [LLODO] New York bars, restaurants suing state over coronavirus curfew get temporary OK to stay open later: report
- [LLODO] Cuomo team backs away from sexual harassment investigation pick, allows AG to choose independent lawyer
- [LLODO] CNN’s Brian Stelter forced to address Cuomo sex scandal after network delayed coverage of first accuser
- [LLODO] Lindsey Boylan calls on Cuomo to resign or be removed from office: He can’t choose his judge and jury, ‘we do’