Would you like to receive local news notifications on your desktop?
Posted: 1:30 PM, Sep 04, 2019
Updated: 2019-09-04 18:19:58-04
LAFAYETTE, La. – For years, Bell’s Sporting Goods outfitted many sporting teams in Lafayette and across Acadiana.
Now the owners of Lafayette’s oldest sporting goods store is calling it quits.
Second-generation owner John “David” Bell III said the store will close by the end of the year.
Internet sales has hurt the retail side of the business, but they were still supplying a number of schools in the area, according to Bell.
The store has started its closeout sale and will close its doors for good in December.
Bell’s has been operating in Lafayette since 1946.
Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- The best white noise machines for better sleep
- Get a year of Sony PlayStation Plus for $34
- Vizio TV sale: Save up to $500 on some of the best 65-inch, 75-inch TVs
- Working from home? Block noise with these true wireless earbuds for $22
- Need personal transportation? Save 25% on our favorite electric scooter
- All the live stream concerts you can watch during the coronavirus shutdown (April 4)
- PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X specs: Using a PC to test next-gen consoles’ power
- How science finally caught up with Trump’s playbook – with millions of lives at stake – The Guardian