The Amherst Industrial Development Agency has hired a veteran of the commercial real estate industry as its director of business development.
Jonathan O’Rourke started Monday, said Executive Director David S. Mingoia.
Mingoia said the Amherst resident will earn less than $100,000 annually but declined to provide an exact salary. He was selected following a monthslong search and the appointment wasn’t subject to board approval.
The IDA hasn’t had a director of business development recently. Mingoia previously served as deputy director but the agency didn’t replace him after he was promoted in 2017.
O’Rourke will serve as Mingoia’s chief assistant, focusing on developing the agency’s strategic plan. He also will seek potential new investment and reinvestment in the town, connect with other boards and government agencies, prepare grant applications and boost agency marketing efforts.
O’Rourke previously worked for First Amherst Development Group, Jones Lang Lasalle and DDR and Kimco Realty. He was a founding member of the state’s Commercial Association of Realtors.
- The best office chairs to buy in 2020
- Uber and Lyft threaten to halt service in California if forced to reclassify drivers
- Shroud your internet with privacy: Get two years of TunnelBear VPN for $85
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ongoing review: Everything I love so far (and some of what I don’t)
- UFC 252 Miocic vs. Cormier: Start time, how to watch or stream online and full fight card
- Facebook, Google, Twitter team up on election security ahead of RNC and DNC
- 2021 Hyundai Elantra N Line looks sharp and has performance to match
- Pinterest’s former COO sues for alleged gender discrimination
- New Avatar 2 photos reveal gigantic set