The modern-day Lowe’s describes itself as the world’s second largest home-improvement retailer.
In the wider world of retail, it’s the big blue rival to Home Depot’s orange cohort. For its customers, it’s a local big-box store that offers the assortment of hardware options necessary for home projects.
But how did Lowe’s get its start?
Well, the home-improvement chain can trace its roots all the way back to 1921. Throughout its history, Lowe’s has undergone a number of important transitional phases, which have helped the company to morph into the home-improvement retailer we all know today.
Here’s a look at the history of Lowe’s:
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing