Nashville-based Genesco Inc. will continue its 95th anniversary celebration with an employee appreciation lunch Friday.
Genesco CEO Bob Dennis will emcee the 11:45 a.m. Friday event at corporate headquarters at 1415 Murfreesboro Road. Its corporate offices employ about 800 and 21,000 in retail outlets in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland.
Other anniversary events this year include marking Genesco’s 80th anniversary on the NYSE and announcing its 95 Days of Caring program highlighting the company’s Make a Difference Charity Golf Tournament and its Cold Feet, Warm Shoes program.
Genesco was founded in 1924 as the Jarman Shoe Co. The name changed to General Shoe Co. in 1933. Today, Genesco is a $2.2 billion footwear company with about 1,500 stores.
Read or Share this story: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2019/10/03/genesco-celebrates-95-years-business-employee-lunch/3854292002/
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing