- Although everyone I know loves shopping online, I refuse to purchase anything on Amazon.
- While many see it as convenient, I find having an item delivered to my house is too much of a hassle. I hate waiting for a package, especially if it doesn’t get there in time or if it gets stolen, so I prefer to shop at traditional stores.
- Additionally, I save money by not paying a monthly fee for Amazon Prime and having no delivery fees.
- Amazon also hurts small businesses and has reportedly treated its delivery drivers poorly, making me not want to support the company.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
As the retail apocalypse sweeps across the US, consumers continue to turn to online retailers, like Amazon, for their purchases. In fact, there are 90 million Amazon Prime subscribers today. I’m not one of them.
As a millennial, I’m expected to do everything via the internet — socialize, date, and even shop. But I’m unique in that I prefer to shop at traditional retail stores.
Although millions of people turn to Amazon for its convenience, I prefer to avoid the online retailer. Here’s why.
- [LLODO] Food bank lines build before Thanksgiving as more Americans go hungry
- [LLODO] 2 NYC police officers wounded in daytime shooting
- [LLODO] Shooter denied bond in fatal Nebraska fast food restaurant attack
- [LLODO] Ohio police rescue woman trapped in sinking minivan after crashing in river, video shows
- [LLODO] Thanksgiving weather — what to expect
- [LLODO] Philadelphia police seeking suspects from looting spree in wake of Walter Wallace Jr. killing
- [LLODO] North Carolina Democratic governor issues new coronavirus rule: Wear a mask at home if you have guests over
- [LLODO] Seattle City Council approves 18% police budget decrease, reportedly one of biggest cuts nationwide
- [LLODO] An Iowa boy is selling baseball bats from fallen trees to help storm victims