PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Two suspects are on the run after police say they robbed a local business owner of about $27,000. The incident happened shortly before 6 a.m. at the Wells Fargo bank located at 700 Adams Ave. in the city’s Crescentville section on Monday.
Police say the victim was making a deposit at a safe deposit box at the bank when two suspects assaulted the victim and then took their bag of money.
An estimated $27,000 was inside the bag, according to police.
Authorities do not have a description of the suspects at this time.
No arrests have been made.
An active investigation remains ongoing.
- [LLODO] Iranian terrorists claim to have active cells in Washington, DC
- [LLODO] San Francisco’s homeless cost taxpayers $16.1M
- [LLODO] A look at the $500,000 Richard Mille watch stolen in Beverly Hills shooting
- [LLODO] Florida man accused of speeding at 100 mph cited ‘business’ at the Ritz-Carlton, report says
- [LLODO] Capitol Hill riot arrest: Trump-era aide ‘physically’ engaged police during chaos, FBI says
- [LLODO] North Carolina man faces 108 charges related to secret peeping, indecent liberties with a minor: authorities
- [LLODO] Derek Chauvin may face third-degree murder charge on top of others after court ruling
- [LLODO] Zappos founder Tony Hsieh’s self-described ‘right-hand person’ seeking over $9M from his estate
- [LLODO] ‘Pharma Bro’ Martin Shkreli monopolized life-saving drug ‘while incarcerated’: lawsuit