Windows 11 has built-in features for your Internet Usage so you can see which apps are using up your internet data. In this article, I will show you how to monitor Internet usage on Windows 11.
How to Use Internet on Windows 11
See Internet data usage on Windows 11
1. Open the Settings app with the shortcut “Win + I” and enter “Network & internet” from the menu on the left. At the bottom of this page, click “Advanced network settings” in the menu on the right.
2. Now look for the option “Data usage” in section “More settings” and click that option.
3. You will see the data you have used in the last 30 days in the upper left corner. Here you can switch between wired and wireless network modes from the right corner, in case you normally use wired connections to access the internet. You’ll also see network usage statistics for each app on this page.
Reset Internet usage on Windows 11
1. Open the app Settings, navigate to section “Network & internet” from the menu on the left and click “Advanced network settings”.
2. From page Advanced network settings, choose “Data usage” in “More settings”.
3. Scroll down until you find the option “Reset usage stats” and click the “Reset“.
Set data limit on Windows 11
You should set up a data limit to ensure that your network data usage does not exceed that limit. You’ll get a warning when you’re about to use up your data limit for the month. This case is suitable for those who are connecting to the Internet by 3G/4G to avoid exceeding the allowed limit.
1. Open the app Settings, go to section “Network & internet” and click “Advanced network settings”.
2. Click “Data usage” from section “More settings”.
3. In the upper right corner, click the “Enter limit” right below the drop-down menu.
4. Enter the data limit you want and click “Save”. You can also choose between monthly, one-time, or unlimited data caps.
5. After setting the data limit, you will see the percentage of data you have used up for the month on the page “Data usage”.
6. Now that you’ve set up your data limit, you can consider turning it on “Metered connection” to reduce and limit data usage on Windows 11.
In addition, you can also see how to increase internet speed using cmd here.