United States Mint Director Dave Ryder signed nine 2019 Proof Sets during a visit to the San Francisco Mint on July 22.
Director Ryder’s signature appears on the product insert, the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) and the product carton in each complete set, and each component has been numbered as well. The signed sets will be randomly distributed through the U.S. Mint’s fulfillment center as orders are packaged and shipped to customers.
The Proof Set is a flagship U.S. Mint product that is issued annually. It contains the Mint’s finest quality coins as they are struck multiple times using polished blanks and dies, resulting in frosted designs that contrast attractively against mirror-like backgrounds.
Released March 1 for $27.95, the Proof Set for 2019 has 10 clad coins with denominations ranging from the cent to dollar. Each coin is produced at the San Francisco Mint and carries an “S” mint mark.
The bonus cent has helped in boosting sales of the set which reached 374,016 in 21 weeks. In contrast, it took nearly 32 weeks for last year’s set to hit the same level.
Order 2019 Proof Sets from the U.S. Mint’s online store, located here, or by calling toll-free at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
- HBO Max vs. HBO Now vs. HBO Go: What are the differences and how do you upgrade?
- Further tech giants pledge funds, voice to fight racial injustice
- Dyson electric car revealed inside and out, despite cancellation
- Galaxy Note 20 rumors: Photo leaks, camera specs, release date and more
- Ford Bronco debut scheduled for July
- Get a deal on an Asus gaming laptop at Amazon or Best Buy
- Huawei ban timeline: Senator says China is using company to drive wedge between US and UK
- Encrypted messaging app Signal adds facial recognition protection for protesters
- A $23 Bluetooth headphone deal you shouldn’t miss