If you’re attending the ANA World’s Fair of Money in Chicago August 13-17, here are five things to know:
1. NGC is offering on-site grading and encapsulation of US coins, starting on August 13. PMG is also offering onsite grading and encapsulation for paper money. This allows collectors to have their collectibles graded during the show. For cut-off time information and other details, click here (NGC) or here (PMG).
2. For United States Mint releases at the show, NGC is offering special labels (including one with the ANA logo) and designations (including Chicago ANA Releases and First Day – ANA). For more details and submission instructions, click here.
3. NGC Chairman Mark Salzberg will be offering free coin consultations to members of the public, from 1 to 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 15. PMG Finalizer Matt Quinn will be offering free paper money evaluations from 2 to 3 p.m. on Thursday, August 15. To learn more, click here (NGC) or here (PMG).
4. The auctions at the show include many NGC-graded coins and PMG-graded notes expected to sell for six figures. The coins include an 1870-S Seated Liberty Dollar graded NGC XF 40; an 1889-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 65; and an Australian “Holey Dollar” graded NGC AU 53. The notes include an 1869 $50 “Rainbow” Legal Tender Note graded PMG 58 Choice About Uncirculated EPQ and a 1928 $5,000 Federal Reserve Note-Atlanta graded PMG 30 Very Fine EPQ.
5. Company representatives will be accepting submissions and answering questions at NGC booth #1400 and PMG booth #1601. Regular submissions will be accepted until noon on Saturday, August 17. To see other shows NGC and PMG are attending, visit NGCcoin.com/events and PMGnotes.com/events.
* * *
About Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®)
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) is a leading third-party coin authentication, grading and encapsulation service with more than 44 million coins certified. Founded in 1987, NGC backs each graded coin with the NGC Guarantee of grade and authenticity. Learn more at NGCcoin.com.
About Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®)
Founded in 2005, Paper Money Guaranty (PMG) is a leading third-party paper money grading service that has certified more than four million notes. Every note that PMG certifies is backed by the comprehensive PMG Guarantee of authenticity and grade. To learn more, visit PMGnotes.com.
- UFC 251 Usman vs. Masvidal: How to watch or stream online, start time and full fight card
- Visiting the secret oil wells of World War II
- The roughneck US cowboys who drilled Britain’s secret WWII oil wells
- PlayStation Store sale: 6 discounted PS4 games to buy now
- Google says it’s updating Android faster, trying to fix a longtime problem
- The Far Side cartoonist Gary Larson debuts first new comics in 25 years
- Coronavirus airborne spread: WHO calls for more evidence on COVID-19 transmission
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey pledges $3M to guaranteed income programs
- Epic is giving away $70 worth of games for free this week